Mauricio Pochettino has appealed to FA and Premier League to help English clubs in the Champions League after his compliant about his club limited recuperation time before facing Borussia Dortumd.
Spurs to play Dortmund away in Germany on Tuesday in their last 16, return leg after defeating the Germans 3-0 in the first leg at Wembley.
Pochettino is far from happy with having a day less prepare for the last 16 tie at Dortmund’s signal Iduna Park. Spurs had a tight game against Arsenal at home 1-1 in Saturday’s North London Derby, while Dortmund lost 2-1 at Augsburg on Friday night in the Bundesliga.
“they played in Friday, we played Saturday, it’s not fair to play with the massive disadvantage, we need help from the FA and the Premier League,’ for us is impossible, I don’t know if the FA or the Premier League are to be blame or television, who wanted us to play live Saturday or Sunday”.
Pochettino gave an example of Stade Rennes, who postponed a French League game at the weekend to prepare for Thursday Europa League.
Harry kane is expected to lead Spurs attack while Pochettino said Harry winks and Eric Dier could feature after injuries, which he said, that Spurs must forget their first leg win at Wembley and finish the job by seeing off a Dortmund team who have one win in seven games.
“we need to start at very good level, be aggressive, fight from the beginning, high tempo”
You May Also Like:
- Regina Daniel’s husband, Mr Ned Nwoko. looses Senatorial seat at the supreme court
- Election Tribunal: Court quashes PDP’s requests.
- Presidential Tribunal: INEC debunks PDP’s claim to have transmitted results electronically
- Gunshots at Federal secretariat as Police engage Shi’ite members
- Six men convicted for performing money rituals with 63 pairs of women’s panties