The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja has granted PDP and Atiku Abubakar access to all electoral materials used in the presidential elections.
The panel on Wednesday heard the ex-parte motion filed by the Peoples Democratic Party and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, seeking an order granting them access to inspect the electoral materials used for the February 23 polls.
The ex-parte motion prayed for an order compelling INEC to allow them to inspect the register and other vital documents used in the conduct of the election unhindered.
In delivering its ruling, the panel ordered INEC to allow the appellant access to all electoral materials to enable the applicant file and maintain an electoral petition.
However, the court refused prayers 3 to 5 which sought scanning and forensic audit. Stating that a forensic audit does not fall under the terms envisaged by section 151 of the electoral act.
The three man panel led by Justice Abdul Aboki agreed unanimously to the ruling, hence, the motion was granted in part.
You May Also Like:
- Tribunal declares Adeleke(PDP) winner in Osun.
- Mobile policeman arrested for raping ATM user at gun point.
- Rivers State Poll: INEC fixed April 13th for supplementary election
- Election Will Not Hold In Tafawa Balewa LGA, INEC Explains Why
- Bayern Munich in talks with Everton over Henry Onyekuru Transfer