There is tension at the headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Rivers State.
The tension is as a result of a stand-off between officers of the Nigerian Army and those of the Nigeria Police Force.
At the time of this report, the area leading to the INEC office had been cordoned off and there is heavy presence of security personnel.
It was reliably gathered that the clash was as a result of supremacy battle over whether it was the Police or the Army that should secure the office.
You May Also Like
- Tribunal declares Adeleke(PDP) winner in Osun.
- Mobile policeman arrested for raping ATM user at gun point.
- Rivers State Poll: INEC fixed April 13th for supplementary election
- Election Will Not Hold In Tafawa Balewa LGA, INEC Explains Why
- Bayern Munich in talks with Everton over Henry Onyekuru Transfer