Bordeaux winger Samuel Kalu will miss Nigeria’s next two games due to injury, (NFF) Nigeria football association said on Friday.
The Super Eagles to play the Seychelles in their Arica Cup of Nations qualifier on March 22 then take Egypt in friendly four days later. Nigeria on top of the group (E) with 10 points ahead of South Africa on 9, Libya on 7 and Seychelles on 1pt, with this weekend’s match concluding the preliminary group round.
The matches are to be played in the southern city of Asaba. Team spokesman Toyin Ibitoye said youth team captain Ikouwem Udoh, 19, would replace 21-year-ols Kalu, whose mother was recently and held for a week until a ransom was paid.
Nigerian coach Gernot Rohr said he is keen to get more left-sided players into the squad in the run-up to AFCON tournament in June.
You May Also Like:
- Tribunal declares Adeleke(PDP) winner in Osun.
- Mobile policeman arrested for raping ATM user at gun point.
- Rivers State Poll: INEC fixed April 13th for supplementary election
- Election Will Not Hold In Tafawa Balewa LGA, INEC Explains Why
- Bayern Munich in talks with Everton over Henry Onyekuru Transfer