A non governmental organisation (NGO), Nnaemeka.C.Anyanwu Foundation has donated food items worth over a Million Naira to widows and less privileged people in Ogbo,Aro nta,Mbutu Mbaise in the spirit of Easter celebration.
The President of the Foundation, Engr. Nnaemeka Chibaramuobi Anyanwu, said while distributing food items to beneficiaries that the gesture was
in line with the vision of his Foundation to uplift the welfare standards of the widows and less privileged in the society. He also noted that soon the Foundation will be embarking on another set of empowerment to affect even more lives.
Speaking during the event,the Anglican Bishop of Mbaise diocese, Bishop Chamberlain Ogunedo extolled the altruistic spirit of the donor Engr Nnaemeka.C.Anyanwu who he stated is emulating the footsteps of his father, late Engr Eric Ogbonna Benjamin Anyanwu and urged him not to relent.
The occasion which was also graced by four notable traditional rulers and political leaders witnessed prayer sessions by Bishop Ogunedo as well as all the widows on the donor.
The high-point of the event was distributing of bags of rice to the grateful beneficiaries.
You May Also like
- Xenophobia : Nigerians Should Leave South Africa Says S/F Govt.
- Danny Drinkwater Attacked By Un-None Gang While Drunk At Manchester Nightclub
- Samuel Eto Says Goodbye To Football At 38
- Okoracha Wife And Other Face Penalty Of Assets To (EFCC)
- Van Dijk Takes Over Messi, Ronaldo For UEFA Player Of The Year Award .