Anambra south senator elect Ifeanyi Ubah who won the election on the platform of the Young Peoples Party (YPP) has dumped the party for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
This is coming four days after he denied plans to dump the party. Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the APC, announced Ubah’s membership of the ruling party at a meeting President Muhammadu Buhari had with APC senators-elect in Aso Rock on Monday night.
At a press conference on Friday, Ubah had said: “I am not yet ready to defect from the YPP. I am still in the YPP. In party business, you can’t determine what would happen next. Sometimes you wake up and you will start seeing one problem or the other.
For me today, I am in the YPP and I hope to remain in the party.“The YPP is bringing a revolution of change to Nigeria. I must join a progressive group in the Senate since I cannot be alone. The YPP is the party to beat in this country. I won my election without the party having an office in any part of Anambra State.”
Governors present at the meeting were Akinwunmi Ambode (Lagos), Nasir el-Rufai (Kaduna), Yahaya Bello (Kogi), Simon Lalong (Plateau), Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi) and Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara).
Others were Badaru Abubakar (Jigawa), Ibrahim Gaidam (Yobe), Kashim Shettina (Borno), and Gboyega Oyetala (Osun).
You May Also Like:
- Free involved with charge Wagering residential home Yahoo
- Thirdhand Smoke using tobacco Stays On Playing household Ninety days Immediately following Smokes Ban
- Download Dvd movie Comedian 8 Internet on line casino California ruler Component 2
- Free in ask for Casino household Yahoo
- Download Show Comedian 8 Net on line casino Some states queen Ingredient 2