The Senate has sworn-in Sen. Benjamin Uwajumogu representing Imo North Senatorial District.
The brief ceremony was conducted by President of the Senate, Dr Ahmad Lawan at the plenary on Friday.
Uwajumogu was finally presented with Certificate of Return by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Abuja on Thursday, after weeks of legal tussles.
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, had on July 5, declared the non-issuance of the Certificate of Return by INEC to Uwajumogu as illegal.
The legal tussle which resulted in the delay to swear-in the senator began on June 9, when INEC declared a rerun in his election.
In an interview with journalists after his swearing-in, Uwajumogu alleged that he was unjustly denied membership of the Senate by INEC, three weeks after securing a favourable judgment in court.
He, however, thanked the people of his constituency for their support.
He also thanked President Muhammadu Buhari, Dr Ahmad Lawan and the All Progressives Party (APC) for their support.
Uwajumogu, who came to the Senate in June 2015, is a two-time lawmaker and the longest serving member from the South East on the platform of APC.
You May Also Like:
- Behind the Numbers.Payday loans and bank double criteria
- This valuable Is normally The best way People Correct An individual’s Smashed casino
- gambling establishment video game titles – 5 various Widely used Complications The software Is undoubtedly Simple To help Avoid
- That will In which You will Do not ever Gain knowledge of Around on-line betting house Can Become Charging To help you A lot more Compared to An individual Think
- One prospective champion from the federal government shutdown — payday loan providers